Robert Mueller: No Russian collusion, no Trump obstruction
Sunday, March 24, 2019
BOSTON – The U.S. Department of Justice has announced that following an exhaustive probe spanning two years, Special Counsel Robert Mueller and his team of investigators have found no evidence of collusion between President Donald Trump’s winning 2016 campaign and Russia.
Mueller also confirmed he found no evidence of justice obstruction committed by President Trump.
Massachusetts Republican Party Chairman Jim Lyons:
“This two-year investigation has cost taxpayers $25 million, and the result is that there was no collusion or obstruction going on at all. Maybe it’s time to investigate those responsible for ginning up hysteria, and those responsible for triggering this witch hunt.”
The final results of Mueller’s investigation vindicating President Trump appear to contradict earlier comments and predictions made by members of Massachusetts’s all-Democratic Congressional delegation:
- “By the time we get to 2020, Donald Trump may not even be president. In fact, he might not even be a free person.” — Senator Elizabeth Warren, remarks from her 2020 presidential campaign kickoff event in Iowa.
- “Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort — all met with a Russian who said that she had information that could compromise Hillary Clinton. That proves that there was an attempt at collusion between the Russians and the Trump Campaign.” — Senator Ed Markey, July 2017.
- “Now is the time to remind him that our intelligence secrets are not gossip and that his personal desire to impress his Russian buddies does not outweigh the safety or security of our allies.” — Senator Elizabeth Warren, May 2017
- “If there was no collusion and no criminal activity, then why are so many people willing to risk so much to facilitate a cover-up? The president wants to paint the special counsel’s investigation as a witch hunt, but the facts speak for themselves.” — U.S. Representative James McGovern, November 2018.
- “We had a foreign government that is not our ally, not our friend, wreaking havoc in our elections. Now we have a White House that the campaign that brought them there is under investigation by the FBI…and the drip-drip-drip on their ties to Russia and the interference with our democracy is turning into a steady stream.” — U.S. Representative Katherine Clark, during a Boston Globe Policy Happy Hour appearance, April 2017.